On 9 November 2017, the founding meeting of the Lublin Automotive and Machine Upland Foundation was held in the Town Hall. The founders are 18 entities, including three higher education institutions and 12 enterprises operating in Lublin and the Lublin Voivodship within the automotive, machine and metal industries.
Bearing in mind the importance of the automotive and machine industry in the economy of the Lublin city and the Lublin Voivodeship, as well as many years of experience and the established position of automotive companies from Lublin, noting the high need to combine the development of the economy with the development of knowledge as well as to create the opportunities for synergic use of the potential of enterprises, universities, scientific and research entities, schools, business environment institutions, local government units and other entities whose business is related to the automotive or machinery industry, striving to stimulate the development of the automotive and machinery industry in Lublin and the Lublin Voivodeship, it was decided to establish the Lublin Automotive and Machine Upland Foundation with its headquarters in Lublin.
The Foundation’s goals are:
- to create a cooperation network and build permanent horizontal links in the area of the automotive and machine industry in order to effectively use the existing opportunities for the development of the industry through the exchange of knowledge, experience and the development of regional cooperative relations,
- to integrate enterprises conducting business activity in the automotive and machine industry with the R&D sector,
- to stimulate the development of new technologies and to develop analytical and research facilities for the needs of the automotive and machine industry as well as to support the transfer of new technical and technological solutions to production processes,
- to raise the level of competitiveness of companies operating in the automotive and machine industry and support their activity on international markets,
- to carry out educational activities and develop educational and training facilities in the scope of preparing highly qualified staff for the needs of the automotive and machine industry by supporting the creation of pro-innovative directions and ways of education,
- to implement regional, national or international projects aimed at developing and increasing the innovativeness of entities operating in the automotive and machinery industry, as well as among entities providing services to them,
- to promote the City of Lublin and the Lublin Voivodeship, as well as the automotive and machine industry as a highly innovative environment supporting the development of entrepreneurship and modern economy in the city and the Lublin Voivodeship.
The founders of the Foundation are: Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne-Lublin-Sp. z o.o., Lubelski Park Naukowo-Technologiczny S.A., Targi Lublin S.A., University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Lublin University of Technology, University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin, ABM Greiffenberger Polska Sp. z o.o., AIU + Sp. z o.o., Fabryka Łożysk Tocznych-Kraśnik S.A., SIPMA S.A., R & D Center INVENTOR Sp. z o.o., URSUS S.A., URSUS BUS S.A., WEREMECZUK FMR Sp. z o.o., Odlewnia Żeliwa Lublin Sp. z o.o., WIKPOL Sp. z o.o., Zakład Elektroniki Przemysłowej ENIKA Sp. z o.o., Roztocze Zakład Usługowo-Produkcyjny Roman Rak.